- Arthroscopic ACL Reconstruction
- PCL Reconstruction
- Arthroscopic meniscal repair
- Root repair & Ramp repair
- ReGrow (Autologous chondrocyte implantation)
- BMAC (Bone Marrow Aspirate Concentrate)
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma)
- Sport injuries include a large group of conditions that occur mostly in individual associated with sporting / with an active life style with outdoor activity participation.
Sports injuries include a large horizon of conditions like ligament sprain / tear, meniscal avulsion, fracture’s capsule tears, spram, muscle tears, tendon rupture fractures of the articular surface etc involving the upper and lower limbs.
- Injuries of the knee joint are the most common, and are cause due to sports activities, outdoor activities, trauma (high velocity) and can involve the
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL)
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL)
- Collateral ligament (medial & lateral)
- Intra-articular fractures
- Avulsion fractures
- Fractures of the tibial eminence
- Articular cartilage defects
- A variety of conditions are through diagnosed after careful clinical evaluation and radiographic evaluation, and treatment protocols are designed to fit for the individuals needs.
What is arthroscopy?
Arthroscopy / key hole surgery is a minimally invasive joint surgery technique, used to visualize the joint through a camera (scope) and to perform evaluation / repair of the problem.
It is nowadays a very advanced technique used to treat most of the sports injuries, that aid in better treatment and faster recovery due to the minimal invasion into the joint, having better prognosis less chance of infection and faster recovery and return to daily routine / work. Done as a day case procedure.
The knee joint structure internally is high complex, owing to the range of movement it provides a long with the functions associated with it.
It internally has an intricate structure consisting of the anterior cruciate ligament, posterior cruciate ligament, medial meniscus, lateral meniscus and collateral ligaments on their side of the joint to aid in stability of the joint.
Arthroscopic ACL Reconstruction
ACL is the most commonly damaged internal structure of the knee joint, its damage is caused by sports activities, trauma and also due to outdoor activities, that cause a sprain or tecer in the ACL.
This damage causes, pain in the joint, restriction of joint movement, and then causes giving way (expressed usually as a feeling of loss of balance, due to sliding of the joint surface anteriorly), difficulty in climbing up / getting down the stairs.
ACL is repaired / reconstructed using the arthroscopy technique, and is done by a number of techniques, like suturing or by replacing it with a graft harvested / taken from the individual and the fixed into the bones.
Meniscal injuries (disc injuries) of the knee joint are also very frequently associated with an ACL injury and are cause by an injury during sports activities, outdoor activities, trauma.
A variety of meniscal can occur, like tear in the menisci with a wide pattern for injury and also location, causing a RAMP lesion, root lesion or a mid substance tear.
Meniscal injuries are repaired / treated using arthroscopy of the joint and include suturing of the defect root repair, ramp repair and also meniscectomy (partial / total) depending on the lesion.
ReGrow (Autologous chondrocyte implantation – ACI) (stem cell therapy). Due to the rigorous sport activities, some individuals develop defects in the articular cartilage of the joint, mainly in the medial femoral condyle and PFJ, where a part of the cartilage gets damaged.
This focal damage can be a small / large defect and is treated using techniques like ACI, microfracture technique, Autograft. ACI is a technique, where the cartilage is harvested and cultured ex-vivo, from the stemcells of the individual and is then implanted into the defect, this technique is done for osteocartilaginous defects.
|Monday||11:00 – 1:00 4:00 – 6:00|
|Tuesday||4:00 – 6:00|
|Wednesday||11:00 – 1:00 4:00 – 6:00|
|Thursday||4:00 – 6:00|
|Friday||11:00 – 1:00 4:00 – 6:00|
|Saturday||11:00 – 1:00||Sunday||Closed|
- Address Room No : 960, International Pavilion, Apollo Hospitals, Jubilee Hills, Hyd
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Phone : 040-23607777 VIshal : 7207220201 Kumari : 9866896555